The Home Rehabilitation Program offers two options to assist Las Cruces families with low and moderate-incomes:
- Owner-occupant families may secure a zero-interest loan or grant to fund needed home improvements that address health and safety issues.
- The Mobile Home Ramp Installation Program enables low and moderate-income residents who live in a mobile home and have a qualifying disability to have an ADA-approved wheelchair ramp constructed at their home.
- Dwelling is located within the City limits of Las Cruces.
- Dwelling has violations of the City of Las Cruces building code and/or Housing Quality Standards
- Household income must be at or below 80% of the area median income for Las Cruces; a certain income level as defined by Housing and Urban Development.
To determine if you are eligible, please submit a completed Pre-Application. If you meet certain income guidelines and live within the City, you will be put on the waiting list. There are 2 different Pre-Applications, Home Rehabilitation (PDF) and Mobile Home Ramp Installation (PDF). Be sure to submit the correct form based on your needs.
You can submit the form by mail to the address on the Pre-Application, hand deliver to Community Development staff, or by emailing Housing and Family Services.