Classes are subject to change without notice.
Mid to High-Intensity Workouts
- Aqua Aerobics: A class offering aqua fitness in a mid-level impact pace for those looking to get a quick workout in during the workday. The class will be taught in the warm water pool.
- Aqua Hiit: Low-impact, high-intensity interval training class that combines full-body strength and high intensity burst of cardio. For all fitness levels.
- Aqua Step This fast-paced class set to music will challenge your cardio endurance levels with emphasis on muscular conditioning while using water steps.
- H2O Cardio: A high energy, full body water aerobic workout. Cardio, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), and toning exercises set to fun upbeat music, both old and new. This class is suitable for everyone. The instructor is certified by the National Arthritis Foundation.
- H20 Fusion A fast paced “movement to music” session that will challenge your entire body, with intervals, high and low intensity, and drag equipment for upper body strength.
- H20 HiiT High intensity interval training utilizing differing music driven interval protocols. A tough workout not for beginners.
- H20 Strength Engages upper body, core strength and lower limbs to fight against inertia, using a variety of equipment.
- Splash-Cycle Spin Our low-impact water cycle class tones the body and burns calories (twice as many calories as on land), but also improves joint flexibility.
Exercise for Relaxation & Wellness
- Aqua Fit: starts with water walking to warm up the muscles and moving on to self-paced aerobic exercises for a cardio workout to increase strength, flexibility, and endurance. We will be using noodles and other light equipment, as well as pool sides for stretches and resistance. All muscle groups and joints will get a thorough workout. Come and feel the benefits of improved fitness and health, while finding the perfect balance between energy and relaxation.
- Aqua Motion: Exercises in the pool designed to relieve stress from work days. Slow movement in the warm water pool to help you stretch and relax. Individu ial attention to help you gain the most from your warm water experience.
- Channel Sizing Cardio based water channel walking exercises that are low impact and fun. For all fitness levels.
- Swimnastics: A one-hour Aquatic aerobics exercise program geared for members with arthritis, joint pain, joint injury or replacement and back ailments. Starts out with 20 minutes of warm-up, 20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of legs, stomach, and arms. We will be using noodles and aqua weights to strengthen all muscle groups. The water gives more mobility and flexibility than with traditional out-of-water aerobics classes.
Cardio & Cycling
- 50+ Indoor Cycle: This indoor cycle class is geared towards the 50 plus community. However, anyone 18 and older is welcome to participate.
- POUND: A full-body cardio jam session, combining light resistance with constant simulated drumming. The workout fuses cardio, Pilates, isometric movements, plyometrics, and< Isometric poses into a 45-minute series.
- Power Indoor Cycle: This class is a toning master! We work with high repetitions, resistance, and speed! We get a full body workout on the bike and do our cardio at the same time. The objective of this class is to burn body fat and gain muscle mass. The variation of workout routines is a constant, and the results are notorious in a very short time! All levels of fitness are welcomed because we can always modify all exercises.
- Zumba®: A dance fitness work out open to all fitness levels. Burn calories, gain physical and mental health, endurance and co-ordination, all while dancing to spicy international music.
- Zumba Mix A combination of Zumba® and Zumba Toning with a mixture of Latin music. Interval training with jumping jacks, bicep and arm curls, ab toning and squats.
- Zumba Toning: For those who like to party, put extra emphasis on toning and sculpting to define those muscles! The challenge of adding resistance by using toning sticks or light weights, helps you focus on specific muscle groups, so you and your muscles stay engaged.
Low-Impact & Yoga
- Hatha Yoga: encourages proper alignment of the body and brings balance, strength, and calmness.
- Walk Fit: A class for all ages and all levels of fitness. Easy walking-based moves are paced with music, to provide a low-impact, fun workout. Instructor is certified through Leslie Sansone’s Walk 15 and the National Arthritis Foundation.
- Adult Basketball: Participants must be over the age of 18 in order to participate. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to participate. All participants must check in at the front desk upon arrival. The fee for this activity is $1.00 per person per session. There is a limit of 20 people per session per court.
- Adult Volleyball: Participants must be over the age of 18 in order to participate. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to participate. All participants must check in at the front desk upon arrival. The fee for this activity is $1.00 per person per session. There is a limit of 20 people per session per court.
- Adult Pickleball: Participants must be over the age of 18 in order to participate. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to participate. All participants must check in at the front desk upon arrival. The fee for this activity is $1.00 per person per session. There is a limit of 24 people per session.
Open Gym Sessions
- Teen Open Gym: Teens, Ages 12-17 must register and are required to have a Parks & Recreation Activity lD card. Activity lD cards may be obtained at Meerscheidt Recreation Center. All necessary documentation will need to be submitted by individual participants to complete registration and to participate. High school students who are 18 may participate provided they bring proof of their current enrollment in high school. This time period is intended for free play and pickup games. This is a free activity.
- Basketball Shoot Around: The gym is open to the general public to shoot baskets. No organized games during this time. This is a free activity.
- Family Open Gym: This time is intended for parents/guardians to play with their child(ren). Participants 11 and under must be adequately supervised by a parent/guardian and must remain in the GYM with the child(ren). This is a free activity.
- Organized Practices are not allowed during Open Gym Sessions.
Sport and Open Gym Sessions are located at Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave.