Toss No Mas Citywide Cleanup Set for October 13, 2018
The Parks & Recreation Department’s Keep Las Cruces Beautiful and the New Mexico Clean and Beautiful programs will host this year’s Toss No Mas Cleanup from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, October 13.
As part of the event, solid waste containers, for trash disposal, will be available for residents from Thursday, October 11 to Monday, October 15 throughout the community.
The public is encouraged to do their own household clean up and dispose of collected trash in large containers to be located throughout the City. Toss No Mas Cleanup Roll-Off locations are:
- Elks Club, 3000 Elks Drive.
- Tashiro Drive, west of Valley Drive, in the parking lot before the soccer fields.
- Apodaca Park, on east Madrid Avenue.
- Sierra Middle School, in the east parking lot, at the corner of Lewis Street and Spruce Avenue.
- The corner of Thurmond Road and Sonoma Ranch Boulevard.
- The corner of Don Roser Drive and Missouri Avenue.
Hundreds of volunteers will assist with a citywide cleanup and collect litter at parks, schools, streets and business properties during the 24th annual Toss No Mas Cleanup campaign. Volunteers will then be treated to a free lunch hosted by local businesses. The lunch will be from noon to 2 p.m. October 13 at Young Park, on Walnut Street.
For information about the Toss No Mas Clean Up, call 575/528-4506, send an email to: KLCB@las-cruces.org, or visit the City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation website.