Cooling Stations to Remain Open This Weekend 2018
On Saturday, June 2, the City of Las Cruces activated five facilities as cooling stations due to outdoor temperatures hovering at or near 100 degrees. A cooling station is a place that offers temporary shelter from the heat for the elderly, other high-risk residents, and the general public.
The cooling stations will operate throughout this weekend from noon to 8 p.m. at the following locations:
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell St. (575/528-3000)
- Henry R. Benavidez Community Center ,1045 McClure Rd. (575/541-2005)
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave. (575/541-2563)
- Munson Center, 975 S. Mesquite St. (575/541-3000)
- Sage Café, 6121 Reynolds Dr. (575/528-3151)