City Activates Cooling Stations 2018
With daytime temperatures at or above 100 degrees and the National Weather Service forecasting continued hot days into next week, the City of Las Cruces has activated five facilities as cooling stations. A cooling station is a place that offers temporary shelter from the heat for the elderly, other high-risk residents, and the general public.
The cooling stations will be open until 8 p.m. today, from noon to 8 p.m. tomorrow and during regular daytime hours through 8 p.m. weekdays until further notice.
The cooling stations are:
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell St. (575/528-3000)
- Henry R. Benavidez Community Center ,1045 McClure Rd. (575/541-2005)
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave. (575/541-2563)
- Munson Center, 975 S. Mesquite St. (575/541-3000)
- Sage Café, 6121 Reynolds Dr. (575/528-3151)