The City of Las Cruces is now accepting event funding applications for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. Deadline to submit is 11:59 p.m. Monday, Aug. 28. Eligibility requirements and a downloadable application can be accessed by clicking on the Event Sponsorships button on the home page of the City website at www.las-cruces.org.
Sponsorships are available in three categories:
- Tourism-Related Event: Eligibility determined on the potential of overnight visitors that can be expected to come to Las Cruces and stay in local hotels or RV parks.
- Quality of Life Event should meet the following criteria:
- Readily open and accessible to all or most Las Cruces residents.
- Provides a cultural, educational, or civic experience.
- Measures its success both qualitatively and quantitatively.
3. Economic lmpact Event: Eligibility determined on the measurable economic impact that can be attributed to an event. The impact could be achieved by the incremental Gross Revenue Taxes derived or real dollars saved.
Applicants may apply for funds for only one category during any funding cycle. Example: If an organization receives City sponsorship funds in a funding cycle for a quality of life project, the same event is not eligible to apply for an economic impact or tourism sponsorship during the same period.
All applications must contain a marketing plan, budget and list of sponsors and other funding resources.
Applications will only be accepted in a digital format. Applicants may print out the form and write legibly in the spaces, but the completed form and any supporting documentation must be scanned so the submission can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Mandy Guss at 575/541-2286.
Get the Application Form.