Register for Programs Online
The City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation Department will hold registration for Teen Programs (13 – 17 years of age) starting August 14, at the following locations during regular business hours:
- Parks and Recreation Administration Office, 1501 E. Hadley Ave., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell Ave., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Las Cruces Regional Aquatic Center, 1401 E. Hadley Ave., 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, noon – 7:30 p.m. Sunday
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave., 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
Find out More!
Youth Plus 1 Hiking Program
The City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation Department will hold the Youth Plus 1 (parent/guardian/caretaker) hiking program for youth 12 – 16 years of age, with hikes ranging from three to seven miles in length. Participants will be required to wear hiking boots, hats, a backpack, bring water and provide their own lunch. Hikes take place every other Saturday to sites such as Dripping Springs, Filmore Canyon, Soledad Canyon, Branson Canyon and more. This popular program is free of charge and transportation is provided.
September hikes include:
- Saturday, September 16th - Osha Trail, Cloudcroft NM
- Saturday, September 30th - Trestle to Switchback Trail, Cloudcroft, NM
Register Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell Ave. Space is limited.
The City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation Department has open registration for our Mural Arts Program for local youth, grades 7– 12. The program is currently seeking teens with artistic ability and a desire to transform their community. Participants will become part of a skilled team capable of producing high quality public art. Find out more!
Call for teen artists and performers COMING THIS FALL!
Look for CHAOS COLLABORATION 2018
We had a great show in 2017! See how it went!