2013-2017 – City of Las Cruces City Council for District 6 for four-year term. Next election is November 7, 2017
Ceil was born and raised in the Albany, N.Y. area. She graduated from nursing school in 1972 and joined the Renal Transplant team at Albany Medical Center in 1973. She continued to work as a transplant nurse until 1978, also serving on the board of directors of the National Kidney Foundation of Northeast New York (NENY) from 1975-1978 and then serving as president of the board from 1978-1980.
Ceil became a licensed professional Realtor in 1983 and celebrated her 31st anniversary in March of 2014. She moved to Las Cruces in 2002 and has been an active member of the community ever since.
As a city councillor, Ceil’s primary focus is on fiscal responsibility, economic development, improvement of District 6 parks and roadways, skill training for the unemployed/low wage earner and support for our veterans and active military.
Ceil married Anthony Levatino in 1977and is the mother of Sean and Heather (deceased).
Professional Recognition & Community Involvement
- 2013-2017 – City of Las Cruces City Council for District 6 for four-year term
- Board Member, Airport Advisory Board
- Alternate Member, Mesilla Valley Regional Dispatch Authority
- Member, Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors March of Dimes of Southern New Mexico
- Member, Board of Directors, Mesilla Valley Economic Development Alliance
- Member, Board of Counselors, Citizens Bank of Las Cruces, 2005-2007
- Dona Ana County Voter Registration Agent
- Sponsor of the Red Ribbon Bash
- Supporter and on-air host of KRWG membership drives
- Co-Founder and Member, Board of Directors, Turning Point of Las Cruces, 2009-2012
- Member, Las Cruces Association of Realtors and served as Legislative Committee Chair
- Member, Realtor Association of New Mexico
- Member, National Association of Realtors
- Recipient of Las Cruces Sun News 2012 Reader's Choice Award - Realtor of the Year
Recipient of 2011 Spirit of Service to the Industry & Business Achievement Awards
- Recipient of the 2009 National Premier Service Diamond Award for superior customer service
Recipient of 2008 Outstanding Realtor Award
Phone: (575) 541-2066
Fax: (575) 541-2119
Mailing Address: PO Box 20000, Las Cruces, NM 88004