UTILITIES EMERGENCY RESPONSE
Help is ALWAYS available at (575) 526-0500.
When a water main breaks over the holiday weekend or you smell a gas leak in the middle of the night, don't panic. Las Cruces Utilities (LCU) employees are ready to assist you at any time of the day or night. In an emergency situation, don't wait until morning or until it's a working day to call the Utilities Communication Center at (575 526-0500. Dispatch operators are available for emergencies 24 hours a day, every day of the week including holidays.
Dispatchers have resources available to solve anything from broken/leaking utilities pipes (gas-water-wastewater), to traffic lights, or street sign problems. They have a list of carpenters, plumbers, street crews, city electricians, and solid waste operators on call for after-hours emergencies.
Emergency Dispatch also monitors all LCU facilities using a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system. SCADA is used to monitor and control water wells, tank levels, booster stations, sewer lift stations, and gas regulator stations. If something is wrong at any of the eighty-seven remote sites an alarm flashes red on the computer screen and sounds alarms. Every alarm gives detailed information as to the exact problem so dispatchers can respond immediately.
EMERGENCY UTILITY DISPATCH - HELP AVAILABLE ANYTIME
Provides 24 hour, 7-day a week dispatching services and communication including:
- Respond to and document customer calls and dispatch utility crews depending on nature of call
- Respond to operation crew calls requesting information
- Respond to and route calls to appropriate City Departments not related to utility issues
- React to Utility SCADA monitoring and documenting system operational status and events
- Monitor Utilities Building and yard security during non-business hours.