Mr. Dollahon has worked for the City of Las Cruces since 1990, when he was hired as an intern in the city’s Planning Department. He worked his way through the ranks of city government, with positions as planning technician, assistant planner, zoning administrator, senior planner, neighborhood services administrator, chief planning administrator, director of the City’s Quality of Life Department. He has also served as assistant city manager/chief administrative manager, overseeing the finance department and other internal services, and was Interim City Manager during the City’s 2016 city manager search period.
Dollahon is one of two city managers and is responsible for overseeing the operational areas of municipal government that directly serve the public
Professional Recognition, Memberships & Awards
- Interim City Manager, City of Las Cruces from August-November 2016
- Assistant City Manager/Chief Administrative Officer, City of Las Cruces from February-August 2016
- Director, Community and Cultural Services (Quality of Life), City of Las Cruces from January 2013-February 2016
- American Institute of Certified Planners
- City of Las Cruces Distinguished Management Award 2005 and 2009
New Mexico State University, Las Cruces 1992
Bachelor of Science, City and Regional Planning
Ohio State University, Columbus 2006
Graduate Certificate, Facilities Planning and Management
While an Oklahoman by birth, Dollahon considers himself a New Mexican. He grew up in Lovington, NM from the age of three until he started at NMSU. He lives with his partner of 20 years, Christian Dollahon, and a menagerie of animals in the North Valley.