The following agenda will be considered by the Planning and Zoning Commission of the City of Las Cruces, New Mexico, at a public hearing scheduled for Tuesday, April 28, 2020, beginning at 6:00 p.m. The health, safety, and wellbeing of our residents and businesses are a top priority for City Council and the leadership in Las Cruces. Consistent with and in support of the public health order from Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham and the New Mexico Department of Health, the above referenced Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting will be held via video conference. Individuals may view meetings live at lascruces.civicweb.net. In an effort to seek public input, we ask that if you have comments/concerns/questions to please e-mail the Planners as follows:
Katherine Harrison-Rogers, AICP, Senior Planner
Debra Fuller, Planner
Sara Gonzales, CZO, Planner
1. Case 20ZO1000020: A Special Use Permit (SUP) application by 7 Diamond LLC, applicant’s representative, to establish a waste transfer station associated with a dewatering facility located at 1690 Pioneer Court. The property is zoned PUD (Planned Unit Development) and encompasses 5.50 + acres in size. Council District 4.
2. Case 20ZO0500045: A request for approval of a zone change application by City of Las Cruces, property owner, from A-2 (Agricultural District from the 1981 Zoning Code) and C-2 (Commercial Medium Intensity) to C-3 (Commercial High Intensity) on a lot located at 3551 Bataan Memorial West. Council District 5.
1. Case 20ZO1000009: A Special Use Permit (SUP) application by Claudia Contreras, property owner, to permit day care services for up to 12 children within a single-family home located at 1560 S. Esperanza Street. The property is zoned R-1a (Single-Family Medium Density). Council District 3.
2. Case 20ZO0500012: A request for approval of a zone change application by Jaime Gardea, property owner, from O-1 (Office, neighborhood – limited retail service) to R-4 Multi-dwelling high density – limited retail and office) on three lots located at 1512, 1518, and 1524 S. Espina Street. Council District 3.
3. Case 20ZO0500043: A request for approval of a zone change and associated variance application by Kary Bulsterbaum, representative, from R-4 (Multi-Dwelling High Density – Limited Retail and Office) to C-3 (Commercial High Intensity) and variance from the required arterial cross section width of 100 feet on a lot located at 2755 Idaho Avenue. Council District 3.