The City complies with applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws, including but not limited to the following:
- Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act: Forbids Race, Color, National Origin Discrimination in Federally Assisted Programs and Activities.
- Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act: Forbids Discrimination in Employment based on Race, Color, Sex, National Origin and Religion.
- Equal Pay Act (“EPA”) of 1963: Forbids Pay Discrimination, between men and women, in the same occupation.
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”) of 1967: Forbids Age (over 40) Discrimination in Employment.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) of 1990: Forbids Disability Discrimination in Employment, Programs and Services and Public Accommodation.
- Sections 503 and 504 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973: Forbids Disability Discrimination by Federal Contractors.
- EO. 11246: Forbids Race/Color, National Origin, Sex, Religion Discrimination by Federal Contractors.
- Genetic Information and Nondiscrimination Act (“GINA”): Forbids Genetic Information Discrimination in Employment.
- New Mexico Human Rights Act (“NMHRA”), of 1969: Forbids Employment Discrimination based on Race, Color, Sex, Age, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Identity, National Origin, Spousal Affiliation and Disability.
- Vietnam Era Readjustment Act of 1974 and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Provides for certain rights and nondiscrimination against our veterans and military personnel.
The New Mexico Human Rights Act, of 1969, as amended. The NMHRA is enforced by the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions, Human Rights Division. The contact information is 800-566-9471; or visit Department of Workforce Solutions. Under the NMHRA, individuals have up to 300 days within which to file a complaint of employment discrimination.
Titles VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act; the 1963 Equal Pay Act; the 1967 Age Discrimination in Employment Act; Title I, of the Americans with Disabilities Act; and Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act are enforced by the U. S Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”). The EEOC can be reached at 800-669-4000; or online at U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Title VI prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin, in programs and activities of agencies receiving federal financial assistance. Title VI is enforced by the Federal Transportation Administration (“FTA”) of the U. S Department of Transportation (“DOT”). The FTA can be reached at 888-446-4511; DOT can be reached at 1 202-366-0693; or at U.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Highway Administration.
Sections 503, 504, of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, E.O. 11246, Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974 and the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“USERRA”) are enforced by the U. S Department of Labor (“DOL”). a can be reached at 866-487-2365; or at U.S. Department of Labor.