LCFD Graduates Academy 34
LCFD’s 34th Academy of 12 new firefighters graduated January 31. A special thanks to the LCFD members, current and retired, that paved the way for this 34th Academy to succeed. A big thank you to City Council and City Administration for allowing this academy to happen and for showing your support at the ceremony.
|To Be Determined||Written Test (email notifications have been sent to all applicants with instructions to pre-register for the test. Individuals who fail to pre-register will not be allowed to test)||To Be Determined||To Be Determined|
|To Be Determined||Physical Ability Test and Personal History Statement Screening||Las Cruces Fire Department Training Tower||To Be Determined|
|To Be Determined||Interviews||To Be Determined||To Be Determined|
|To Be Determined||Background Checks, Physicals, Medicals, Polygraphs (only for individuals selected to continue)||To Be Determined||To Be Determined|
|To Be Determined||Academy Start Date||LCFD Training Facility||To Be Determined|
- High school diploma or equivalent. Age 18 by the start of the Fire Academy. Must maintain a level of physical fitness to meet department standards.
- Valid drivers license required. Position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy.
- Must have New Mexico EMT License or National Registry EMT License by application close date.
- Prior to the start of the academy and as part of the selection process, candidates must pass:
- Acrophobia Test
- Assessment board
- Background investigation (to include a polygraph test
- Medical examination upon offer of position (includes drug screening)
- Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Written exam (has no study guide)
If you meet these qualifications, please fill out an application as instructed.
Apply now on the Job Interest Card. You will select Fire and EMS, as the Las Cruces Fire Department provides both of these services in our organization. Verify that your email address is correct before submitting. You will receive a confirmation email once your application is received. Please be sure to check your spam folders and add the City of Las Cruces as an approved sender for all email correspondence.