News, Safety & Public Information Office
News and information from the Las Cruces Police Department are disseminated to the public in various ways including news releases to our media partners, posts to our Facebook page and Twitter account, and through Nixle which allows anyone the ability to receive news and information directly to a cell phone or email account. We encourage those who utilize social media to 'follow' the Las Cruces Police Department on Facebook, Twitter or Nixle.
Public Information Officer
The Public Information Officer is the news media's primary contact and can be reached weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Las Cruces Police Department strives to provide a safe and secure community, and regularly sends to the news media Safety Tips that cover various issues. Many of those Safety Tips are published online for your benefit such as:
- Bicycling (PDF)
- Checks in the Mail (PDF)
- Credit Card and Cell Phone Scams (PDF)
- Dangers of Alcohol Abuse (PDF)
- Daytime Home Burglaries (PDF)
- Document Valuable Items (PDF)
- Dos and Donts Needle and Other Sharp Object Disposal (PDF)
- Halloween Safety (PDF)
- ICE your Phone (PDF)
- January 2017 Safety Flash - Safe Needle Disposal (PDF)